Baby girls hands and feet

Little Bruiser is growing!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday 19 May 2011

Confusing!

Well this is confusing, and extremely stressful!

When we called the clinic for the blood results and further instructions, we were expecting lowish hCG and a follow-up ultrasound in the next week, but what do you think?? hCG is 21000 (??!!), I need to come for bloods next Tuesday as usual and up my progesterone back to two a day as it's in the seventies (normal progesterone level for the first trimester is anywhere between 9 and 47, but they like to keep it higher when you do IVF). Incredibly, no follow-up ultrasound necessary, apparently.

What the?? What exactly is happening? Is the little traveler in trouble, or is everything okay and the sonographer just got ahead of herself? I really don't know, and it's doing my head in!

Kylie called the doctor to ask her what we should think about all this, but so far, she hasn't gotten back to us, and now it's too late for her to do so today. So... Waiting game again. Hopefully we'll hear from her tomorrow, because I don't know how long I can stand this suspense!

Grrrrrr....

2 comments:

Mr Taxman said...

Come on Larry Thomas (or Laila Therese) ... you can do it!

Hoping that the tears today were for nothing ...

We love you V - you are an amazingly strong person.

Krystal said...

My prayers are with you. I'm sure everything will be just fine.