Baby girls hands and feet

Little Bruiser is growing!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, 31 August 2011

hCG still zero!

Another blood test next Wednesday, transfer very likely to happen next cycle. Yippee and three time hooray!!

Wednesday, 24 August 2011


hCG less than 2, which means normal! Another blood test next week - if that is in the normal range, we are proceeding with the following cycle.


Thursday, 18 August 2011

Not... funny....!

Bloody effing hCG!!! Back up to 16...

Next blood test in a week, this cycle very probably a write-off.

bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger

Tuesday, 16 August 2011

You'd think...

that the hCG would HAVE to be back to normal by now, but it isn't! Gosh, what do I have to do for the bugger to drop?

Good news though - it is falling. Today it was 12, testing again on Thursday to see if it's within the normal, non-pregnant range. If it is, I suppose we could move ahead - based on the timing of the last cycle, we could have transfer in about a fortnight.

Hoping for good news on Thursday!

Monday, 15 August 2011

Lift off!

Probably TMI, but got my period on Wednesday - I would assume that anything that was left in the uterus is by now long gone, and so the hCG should be back to normal. I'm going to have a blood test tomorrow morning to check up on it, and if we get the green light, we'll try this cycle again. Day 8 - this Thursday - would be the first blood test day...

Wish us luck!

Monday, 8 August 2011

Medical update

After a stressful couple of days last week, I finally got to talk to our doctor one night close to 10pm. It turns out to be a case of misinformation by the clinic and mis-communication between the clinic, the doctor, and her offices.

The doctor says that at the level where the hCG is now, all that is left in my uterus are probably about 3 cells of retained tissue left - 3... bloody... cells! Anyway, I am to have blood tests done every week or two to see if/that the level is falling. I was warned that it might take some time, but unless the numbers start rising, I should be fine.

Thankfully the doctor was upset enough with the clinic to tell me to give them the flick for the time being, and sent me paperwork that I can take to any lab and have the bloods done there. I'm thankful for that, as I am a bit fed up with the clinic nurses at the moment, plus they are good twenty minutes away - waste of time when I could just go down the road to our local ACT Pathology.

So that's where we are. Could be a bit of a wait... Bugger. Oh well. On the positive side, my hubby's home! Enjoying just having him around, and definitely enjoying some time off without the kids too as he's been kind enough to let me have plenty of sleep-ins, and take the kids out a lot so that I can have some time to myself. I even had a girls' night out last weekend - something I have not experienced in years! Happy days...

By the way, if you have been trying to leave comments and were unable to, I think I may have fixed the problem. Not sure though - try it and if it doesn't work (and you have another means of contacting me), let me know.


Monday, 1 August 2011

Slightly nervous now

Today's test: progesterone and estrogen still rising, hCG stagnating.

Instructions: Make an appointment with the doctor for this week, next week at the latest.

For what? Nothing was explained, and the doctor's phone number was engaged for an hour straight this afternoon. Kylie finally got through to them a few minutes before 5pm, by which time everyone obviously clocked off as she only got the answering machine.

Hoping for someone to call me early tomorrow, as I am a bit nervous about what's happening at the moment. The instructions sounded rather urgent - should I be worried?