Baby girls hands and feet

Little Bruiser is growing!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday 2 December 2011

A rather boring update

Not much to tell really. Had a blood test today, but it wasn't very informative, beyond saying that everything's okay as it is. They don't measure the hCG any longer when you get to 8 weeks, so it was basically just a progesterone check. That seems to be around the same as the last time, and the time before, so I continue on the pessaries until Tuesday, when I have another blood test. I was a little worried for a moment as they wanted the next test so soon after this one, but it turns out there is a very prosaic reason for the timing - Tuesday is apparently the pregnant girls' check-up day.

I feel pretty ordinary these days. I've had a couple of pretty full-on dizzy spells about a week and a bit ago, but thankfully nothing as serious since - keeping my fingers crossed. I have not had a visit from the vomit-fairy yet, and I don't think I will. I have been nauseous with both of my kids, but never threw up once, and this experience seems to be very much the same. The biggest problem is the crippling exhaustion. I wake up tired, get progressively more tired during the day, and as the tiredness gets worse, the nausea creeps in. By the time I put the kids to bed, I just want to curl up and go to sleep to forget about it all. I have quite a few issues with food as well - there are only very few things that seem like something that I could possibly put anywhere near my mouth (and nose, aah, the smells!), but I'm sure that's temporary.

And that's about it. Boring, I know. But that's how we like it :)

Keep it up, LB!


3 comments:

Doug and Bill said...

Yes, boring is good. There were weeks where I would wake up and check my email multiple times in one evening when our surro was pregnant early on...just to make sure there weren't any surprise emails. Good to hear the vomit fairy hasn't visited...that's the first time I've heard that term. Classic...take care.

Freya said...

Yay for boring. Hope you start to feel better soon though.

Jeff and Kevin said...

Hi! Just found your blog. Glad things are going so well!
K