Baby girls hands and feet

Little Bruiser is growing!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday 8 August 2011

Medical update

After a stressful couple of days last week, I finally got to talk to our doctor one night close to 10pm. It turns out to be a case of misinformation by the clinic and mis-communication between the clinic, the doctor, and her offices.

The doctor says that at the level where the hCG is now, all that is left in my uterus are probably about 3 cells of retained tissue left - 3... bloody... cells! Anyway, I am to have blood tests done every week or two to see if/that the level is falling. I was warned that it might take some time, but unless the numbers start rising, I should be fine.

Thankfully the doctor was upset enough with the clinic to tell me to give them the flick for the time being, and sent me paperwork that I can take to any lab and have the bloods done there. I'm thankful for that, as I am a bit fed up with the clinic nurses at the moment, plus they are good twenty minutes away - waste of time when I could just go down the road to our local ACT Pathology.

So that's where we are. Could be a bit of a wait... Bugger. Oh well. On the positive side, my hubby's home! Enjoying just having him around, and definitely enjoying some time off without the kids too as he's been kind enough to let me have plenty of sleep-ins, and take the kids out a lot so that I can have some time to myself. I even had a girls' night out last weekend - something I have not experienced in years! Happy days...

By the way, if you have been trying to leave comments and were unable to, I think I may have fixed the problem. Not sure though - try it and if it doesn't work (and you have another means of contacting me), let me know.

Veronika

1 comment:

Freya said...

Good news. Hopefully the wait isn't too long to get things back on track for Take 2.
And super excited for you that D is home! I hope you get plenty of lovely family time.
Hugs!